Complaints from neighbors are often used as a way to criticize or blame dogs owners and sometimes they become an excuse to regulate the use of public space in a way that is unfair for people with dogs.
We assume that this happens because people with dogs do not complain or claim enough their spaces within the neighborhoods, or because we do not follow the formal path of contacting directly the City Council.
You can defend your rights as a citizen making claims to the Administration by calling the City Hall toll-free line 900 226 226 (from 8 to 12 am) or by using the link below.
You can leave a quick message explaining the reason of your complaint, if you have them it’s important to attach pictures of the damages detected.
COMPLAINTS ABOUT DOG AREAS BEING DIRTY
For example if the “PipiCan” :
- has not been properly sanitized,
- there is garbage around,
- bins are full and not properly cleaned
COMPLAINTS ABOUT DOG AREAS BEING DAMAGED
For example if the “Pipican” :
- gets flooded each time it rains for few hours,
- the water fountain doesn’t work properly,
- bins are broken,
- the fence is broken and the dogs can escape,
- there are a lot of holes in the ground and your dog can get hurted,
- there is clear evidence that the area has been used for other purposes than dogs entertainment, like people gathering for drinking (“botellon”)
COMPLAINTS ABOUT DOG AREAS NOT BEING APPROPRIATE TO YOUR NEEDS
For example if :
- you would like to use a bigger area because the only one close to your place is too small and always too full
- you would like to use a “Pipican” but there are none in your neighborhood
- you don’t feel comfortable using the area in your neighborhood because there is no shade in the summer or no shelter for rainy days or it’s too noisy and crowded